Fiona’s Cake Boutique – Wedding cake terms
All sales made by Fiona’s Cake Boutique are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Nothing contained within these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer. Please read these carefully.
1. At this occasion, you will sample 4 cake flavours. The charge is £25 for two people payable at the time of booking. However, you will receive a full refund of this fee on your invoice if you proceed with the order. Maximum 4 people, £10 per extra person (non-refundable). During your consultation, we will have the opportunity to discuss all the little details that will make your experience with Fiona’s Cake Boutique as smooth as possible in the comfort of your own home or at my kitchen in Essex.
2. Since a considerable amount of time and work goes into consultations, Fiona’s Cake boutique asks that any cancellations are made at least 48 hours prior to the agreed meeting.
All designs are the property of Fiona’s Cake Boutique and will remain so. Clients have no ownership rights over any cake design.
1. Once we have a final cake design, you will receive an invoice confirming all order details. A 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to secure the booking date. This will be deducted from the final invoice.
2. Final payment is required 4 weeks prior to the delivery date. You will receive a reminder but it is your responsibility to make the final payment in the required time. Late payment may result in cancellation of the booking. See Cancellations below for details. Payment may be made earlier if you wish.
3. Payment can be made via BACS (Online Bank Transfer), In Bank, PayPal invoice with your debit/credit card (+4% surcharge of order). PLEASE CONFIRM which you prefer. All payment details are provided on the invoice.
1. Delivery and set up to London postcodes is £30, with an additional £10 charged at times and areas where the congestion charge applies. For other areas of outside London and the Southeast, there will be an additional charge based on travel time. The final fee will be confirmed prior to delivery.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure correct information is provided to Fiona’s Cake Boutique regarding delivery and set-up, and that there is a designated recipient to oversee the set-up. If requested Fiona’s Cake Boutique will deliver your cake to your venue at a pre-arranged time. Fiona’s Cake Boutique will liaise closely with your Hotel or event coordinator to ensure that delivery is at the best possible time.
3. Once your cake has been delivered and set up to our exacting standards, they are the responsibility of the client, or designated recipient. Fiona’s Cake Boutique cannot accept any responsibility for damages occurring post-delivery.
4. Delivering your cake is our utmost priority, however Fiona’s Cake Boutique cannot be held accountable for anything outside our control, such as unforeseen traffic conditions, public unrest, strikes, acts of god, or other unexpected events which may make your venue inaccessible. You can be assured that Fiona’s Cake Boutique will always do our best to deliver as pre-arranged. Wedding insurance may give you peace of mind.
5. You may prefer to collect your cake on agreement with Fiona’s Cake Boutique at an agreed time. Fiona’s Cake Boutique will provide suitable packaging for travel. Collection via public transport is not advised. You should prepare your vehicle so it is clean and free of items that could roll or slide into the cake. We do everything in our power to provide a well-structured cake, but please note that cakes are very fragile and break easily, drive carefully and slowly, it may also be an idea if a passenger holds the cake.
Fiona’s Cake Boutique cannot accept any responsibility for damages occurring post-collection/delivery.
7. Many wedding cakes require construction at the venue therefore Fiona’s Cake Boutique may insist on delivery and set-up where necessary.
8. If a cake features inedible materials such as wires or posy picks in sugar flowers, brooches or cake toppers, these must be removed before serving to guests, please liase with your venue/kitchen prior to serving. Fiona’s Cake Boutique cannot accept any responsibility for any injury resulting from failure to remove inedible items.
9. Please note that some flowers are not suitable as cake decorations, or may be toxic if consumed. All inedible flowers or foliage must be removed before serving. Fiona’s Cake Boutique will accept no responsibility for contamination. Disclaimer: Edible pearls/Dragees can be very hard and, as with any hard candy, represent a choking hazard to small children and a risk to your teeth. Please consume with caution.
1. You may make alterations to your cake design up to one month prior to your wedding date. Alterations are made at Fiona’s Cake Boutique’s discretion. If necessary, amendments to the invoice will be made and confirmed with you. Often work on wedding cakes starts a month in advance therefore alterations cannot be made within one month of the wedding.
2. Fruit cakes are made 3 months in advance, therefore alterations regarding fruit cakes must be made prior to this.
1. In the event that a wedding booking has to be cancelled, Fiona’s Cake Boutique will offer a full refund minus the deposit up to 6 months prior to the delivery date. A 50% refund will be offered up to 3 months prior to the delivery date. Regrettably bookings cancelled within one month of the delivery date cannot be refunded.
2. In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural or other emergencies, it may be necessary to arrange an alternative cake designer. In these rare cases, Fiona’s Cake Boutique will make every effort to source an alternative designer to provide a suitable replacement. If a replacement cannot be found, you will be refunded in full, less consultation fee.
Wedding and custom cakes are designed to serve the number of people you specify. Our cake serving size is 1” x 1 x 4”. If you are serving larger slices of cake and run out, we are not responsible to provide additional cake.
Any cake placed outside during an event has the possibility of melting or deforming due to the heat. We are not liable for a cake once it has been delivered or picked up. It may be a good idea to keep the cake displayed inside or getting an air-conditioned tent.
Refunds are not provided for any reason. Due to our full schedule and our attention to detail we spend many hours planning and preparing before even beginning on a cake.
1. Please state any dietary requirements at your consultation. Fiona’s Cake Boutique can cater for gluten-free, dairy free and other dietary requirements upon request.
2. It is the clients’ responsibility to inform their guests of allergens. Fiona’s Cake Boutique accepts no responsibility for allergic reactions.
3.Although every care is taken to ensure products are nut-free, all cakes are made in the same kitchen therefore traces of nuts and other allergens may be present.
4. All wedding cakes are covered with a thin layer of White Chocolate Ganache (Belgium Chocolate + Cream) before covering with fondant icing in order for us to achieve a sharp or rounded smooth clean edge.
Fiona’s Cake Boutique is often featured in magazines and online content. Clients assign the right to use and publish photographs of their cake and other purchased products to Fiona’s Cake Boutique. Photographs may be used for advertising, display, website, magazine and online promotion. Photographs will only ever be used after their wedding date, they will never be published before. In the case that Fiona’s Cake Boutique wishes to use photographs featuring the clients, notification will be given, and consent requested.
In the unlikely event, you are unhappy with your cake or products, Fiona’s Cake Boutique must be informed within 48 hours of receipt, with photographic evidence of the complaint provided. Any refunds are at the discretion of Fiona’s Cake Boutique.