Fiona’s Cake Boutique is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out how Fiona’s Cake Boutique uses and protects any information that you provide to us, or we collect from you, when you use this website or our services.
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Fiona’s Cake Boutique as explained below.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Contact information including name, address, telephone number and email. We will only email you or contact you about work related matters.
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
- Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
- Use it to communicate with you and meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To customise the website for you.
- Manage our internal record keeping.
- If you have placed an order for our services, we will use the information we hold to send you our newsletter. This newsletter will inform you of changes to our site, planned outages and updates to our services. By placing an order for our services, you consent to us using the information we hold about you in this way.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- What are cookies? Cookies are small information files that websites save to your computer, tablet or smartphone that help websites remember who you are and information about your visit.
- Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check the privacy statement applicable to the website in question before you submit any personal data to these websites.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us via our contact page as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact page.